Sunday, January 18, 2009

it's been a year

my Granny passed away 1 year ago today...I thought it was suppose to get easier, does it?

I can't get the day out of my head...I keep reliving it...I knew that Friday would be her last day, the night before she couldn't talk very well but she kept looking at me and saying "ok?' I told her I loved her, I was ok and that I would be ok...so that Friday morning I took the girls to school and knew I had to get to my Aunt's to be with my Granny before she was gone...I was with her, I was holding her hand and I couldn't let go...I didn't want to say anything because if I didn't say it, it didn't happen...but it did, my Granny, my rock, who was suppose to live forever was gone...I know she's in a much better place, that she's with my Grandaddy and that's she happy but that doesn't change how much I miss her...there's not a day that goes by that I don't think about her

the point of this blog...
cherish every minute you have, you never know when the minutes will be gone

6 comments:

eight helping hands said...

Most definitely cherish every moment you have, for they are few. What a touching story and my thoughts are with you.

LvPoohBr2 said...

Oh I'm sorry! My grandma died 11 years ago and though it gets a bit easier, I still miss her terribly and think of her all the time.

Journey on! by Kelleye said...

Sweet post- at least you have great memories to hold on to.=)

Anonymous said...

I COMPLETELY understand how you feel. My grandmother died almost 5years ago(June 04). My grandfather passed away in February of 2008 so I'm coming up on a year without him. It feels like 100 years.....My cousin also passed away in June 2008 from cancer. It just doesn't get any easier. Everyone says it does, but I'm still waiting. There hasn't been a day that goes by that I don't think of them multiple times a day.

TuTu's Bliss said...

Yes and now. It has been nearly a decade since I lost my grams. This Christmas I pulled out her old tablecloth fluffed it out and was hit with the smell of her and began crying. I wish she had met my girls, my husband. She would have adored them.

Anonymous said...

I don't know how much easier it gets because when I think about mine who passed away in 2000, I still tear up. As I get older and am starting to have more pass around me it scares me....you are so right!! Cherish EVERY moment!!